Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival (And 9-11 Memorial)

Hey all!

Today is the Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival (中秋節). It is also the 10 year 9-11 memorial.

Just a short read!

It’s hard to believe 9-11 was 10 years ago. I was still living in the apartment back then and all I remember from the day (and pretty much a long time) was that video clip of someone yelling OMG OMG as the twin towers fell. As much as it saddens me to see this, the clip was played too many times.

I sure hope the families now feel better now. RESPECT!

On a lighter and brighter note, its the Mid Autumn festival today. The moon is the roundest, largest and brightest apparently. I took 3 moon shots, one today, one 2 days ago and one 4 days ago. I was planning to take one each night, however, it rained on a few days and was cloudy the others. So let’s make do with the ones I have.

_IGP6091

First pic, I particularly like this one, just because its slightly yellow (it was very orangey yellow that night) and has that crescent shape from cartoons.

_IGP6110

Taken 2 days ago, it was the normal white moon. If you notice carefully, its not actually a full circle =)

_IGP6102

“THIS' ISN’T A MOON!!”… Yea, this was taken 3 days ago. It was also the night that rained…

_IGP6116

And here we have the moon today. The roundest and brightest of them all! I want a better set of lens, one that will get the details of the moon better!

Hope you had a good 中秋節 with your family and/or friends. I actually met up with my Uni friends today for lunch (which is a first, considering how our times clash so much and all). Have a nice day!

P.S I’ve pretty much decided to reformat my laptop and start from scratch. It was pretty blank to start with so it’s not too devastating for me to do this, but I’ll need to do this in the mid-sem break. I’ve typed up another rather long blog today, but I’m missing a few pics so its not complete. Hopefully I can get back on track with my posts…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MORE! WRITE MORE! :) :) :) Love your blog!

Mylifeasacomic said...

^O^ Thanks!

I'm on my break now, so I'll be fixing my blog and writing more soon :)

Post a Comment