Friday, February 3, 2012

Renovation imminent…

I always have lots of ideas for things, but never do it. Too lazy, busy or just can’t be bothered… If you’re interested in finding out what the new design theme is for my blog…. READ ON.

I’m not graphics designer, but I do have preferences to how my things look. My “area'” is tech, and the UI’s I play with are the only real interactions to design =P. In the past (and arguably now), IOS and Sense UI have been deemed the most “polished” and elegant designs:

 

image

I think they looked good awhile ago, but personally, now I think its grown a bit “tacky”. Things are too glossy, too round and “childish” comparitively. I prefer the subtle, flat and clean look of Metro UI and ICS:

It looks more professional in my opinion. For that reason, I’m trying to renovate my blog such that it has the same appeal. It won’t be easy considering I want to squeeze in too much stuff. I’m confident that this will be “alright”. So stick around and savour the last few moments of this look… Here’s a screenshot so we can compare it later on:

image

image

image

See you soon in a new look!

0 comments:

Post a Comment