Tuesday, April 3, 2012

CHALLENGE [Day 7]–It’s over!

_IGP6428

It’s been a nice week away from a smartphone…

It’s an “enlightening” experience if you’re a heavy smartphone user. While it can be a slight inconvenience, I encourage you to try it. You’ll appreciate the things that your smartphone can and cannot do, it’s also a nice stroll down memory lane.

I’ve covered a few times the things that I like about the “dumbphone”, but for now, a smartphone FAR outweighs the small benefits they give. If you were to get a new dumbphone however, the benefits in battery life might be more noticeable.

I’m quite glad its over. Namely, because I need my phone to get on the net to “disperse” my excessive internet usage. It also does a lot more other things, but that’s kinda obvious.

Anyhow, the last day of the challenge: it’s not much different to the other days, I didn’t really experience anything more than the other days. I did get very happy that it’s the last day and considering I’ve been a bit busy today, I don’t think I really needed my phone. So from the looks of it, it seems that a smartphone keeps us entertained while we has small amounts of free time. For me, my smartphone is a lot more, it’s the equivalent of (besides the usual calls and SMS):

  • My clock/watch.
  • My alarm
  • My calendar
  • My timetable
  • My day to day camera
  • Weather forecast, yea I know there’s the window and sky, but these are much more accurate.

Misc. things like games and news reading don’t seem essential but they are also some things I do.

I was initially very keen on doing ANOTHER week of dumbphone, but seeing it’s actually quite… inconvenient, I think I’ll stick with a smartphone for now. That can be another time.

image

2 comments:

betraya said...

Which phone would you pick to use if your Gnex was in repairs?

Mylifeasacomic said...

Ummm, logically the smartphone before it: the Nexus one.

If you mean dumbphone, the Nokia 5800, just because it has apps. If that's still counted as a smartphone, then the W580.

Post a Comment